Font

I looked through several fonts to find the right one. I knew that I wanted the writing to look childlike, because Meep isn’t supposed to be very old and I wanted it to almost seem as if he had written the thing himself. I also thought that perhaps if the children could see that it had been written in a font similar to theirs that it might mean they could relate to it more, because it would familiar and it would be easy to read.

Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 13.50.24 Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 13.50.27 Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 13.50.31 Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 13.50.37 Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 13.51.50

These are all the different fonts I tried out. The first couple I quite liked because of the crayon style that they have to them, but I feel like they are too thick and when I tried to make the text bigger the colour started to blur and it felt too messy. The fourth font which almost seems outline I tried against the background and it again felt too messy and dark. When I changed the font colour it just didn’t work, because the darkness of the font made it too murky.

Finally the last font is the one I went with. It is called DSNet Child Font, and I liked it the best because of the thinness of the text and the fact that despite this it does still look handwritten. I felt like it fitted the best and that it would be the easiest for the children to read from.

Font